The article of Foot In The Door Phenomenon Example was published at February 22, 2018 at 11:46 pm. It is published under the Door category. Foot In The Door Phenomenon Example is tagged with Foot In The Door Phenomenon Example, Foot, In, The, Door, Phenomenon, Example..
Footfoot (fŏŏt),USA pronunciation n., pl. feet for 1–4, 8–11, 16, 19, 21;
foots for 20;
- (in vertebrates) the terminal part of the leg, below the ankle joint, on which the body stands and moves.
- (in invertebrates) any part similar in position or function.
- such a part considered as the organ of locomotion.
- a unit of length, originally derived from the length of the human foot. It is divided into 12 inches and equal to 30.48 centimeters. Abbr.: ft., f.
- foot soldiers;
- walking or running motion;
pace: swift of foot.
- quality or character of movement or motion;
- any part or thing resembling a foot, as in function, placement, shape, etc.
- a shaped or ornamented feature terminating a leg at its lower part.
- any of several short legs supporting a central shaft, as of a pedestal table.
- a rim, flange, or flaring part, often distinctively treated, serving as a base for a table furnishing or utensil, as a glass, teapot, or candlestick.
- the part of a stocking, sock, etc., covering the foot.
- the lowest part, or bottom, of anything, as of a hill, ladder, page, etc.
- a supporting part;
- the part of anything opposite the top or head: He waited patiently at the foot of the checkout line.
- the end of a bed, grave, etc., toward which the feet are placed: Put the blanket at the foot of the bed, please.
- the part of the type body that forms the sides of the groove, at the base. See diag. under type.
- the last, as of a series.
- that which is written at the bottom, as the total of an account.
- [Pros.]a group of syllables constituting a metrical unit of a verse.
- Usually, foots.
- sediment or dregs.
- the lower edge of a sail.
- get off on the right or wrong foot, to begin favorably or unfavorably: He got off on the wrong foot with a tactless remark about his audience.
- get or have a or one's foot in the door, to succeed in achieving an initial stage or step.
- have one foot in the grave. See grave 1 (def. 5).
- on foot, by walking or running, rather than by riding.
- put one's best foot forward:
- to attempt to make as good an impression as possible.
- to proceed with all possible haste;
- put one's foot down, to take a firm stand;
be decisive or determined.
- put one's foot in it or into it, [Informal.]to make an embarrassing blunder. Also, put one's foot in or into one's mouth.
- set foot on or in, to go on or into;
enter: Don't set foot in this office again!
- under foot, in the way: That cat is always under foot when I'm getting dinner.
- to walk;
go on foot (often fol. by it): We'll have to foot it.
- to move the feet rhythmically, as to music or in dance (often fol. by it).
- (of vessels) to move forward;
sail: to foot briskly across the open water.
- to walk or dance on: footing the cobblestones of the old city.
- to perform (a dance): cavaliers footing a galliard.
- to traverse on or as if on foot.
- to make or attach a foot to: to foot a stocking.
- to pay or settle: I always end up footing the bill.
- to add (a column of figures) and set the sum at the foot (often fol. by up).
- to seize with talons, as a hawk.
- to establish.
- [Archaic.]to kick, esp. to kick away.
- [Obs.]to set foot on.
Inin (in),USA pronunciation prep., adv., adj., n., v., inned, in•ning.
- (used to indicate inclusion within space, a place, or limits): walking in the park.
- (used to indicate inclusion within something abstract or immaterial): in politics; in the autumn.
- (used to indicate inclusion within or occurrence during a period or limit of time): in ancient times; a task done in ten minutes.
- (used to indicate limitation or qualification, as of situation, condition, relation, manner, action, etc.): to speak in a whisper; to be similar in appearance.
- (used to indicate means): sketched in ink; spoken in French.
- (used to indicate motion or direction from outside to a point within) into: Let's go in the house.
- (used to indicate transition from one state to another): to break in half.
- (used to indicate object or purpose): speaking in honor of the event.
- in that, because;
inasmuch as: In that you won't have time for supper, let me give you something now.
- in or into some place, position, state, relation, etc.: Please come in.
- on the inside;
- in one's house or office.
- in office or power.
- in possession or occupancy.
- having the turn to play, as in a game.
- [Baseball.](of an infielder or outfielder) in a position closer to home plate than usual;
short: The third baseman played in, expecting a bunt.
- on good terms;
in favor: He's in with his boss, but he doubts it will last.
- in vogue;
in style: He says straw hats will be in this year.
- in season: Watermelons will soon be in.
- be in for, to be bound to undergo something, esp. a disagreeable experience: We are in for a long speech.
- in for it, [Slang.]about to suffer chastisement or unpleasant consequences, esp. of one's own actions or omissions: I forgot our anniversary again, and I'll be in for it now.Also,[Brit.,] for it.
- in with, on friendly terms with;
familiar or associating with: They are in with all the important people.
- located or situated within;
internal: the in part of a mechanism.
- in favor with advanced or sophisticated people;
stylish: the in place to dine; Her new novel is the in book to read this summer.
- comprehensible only to a special or ultrasophisticated group: an in joke.
included in a favored group.
inbound: an in train.
- being in power, authority, control, etc.: a member of the in party.
- playing the last nine holes of an eighteen-hole golf course (opposed to out): His in score on the second round was 34.
- Usually, ins. persons in office or political power (distinguished from outs).
- a member of the political party in power: The election made him an in.
- pull or influence;
a social advantage or connection: He's got an in with the senator.
- (in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) a return or service that lands within the in-bounds limits of a court or section of a court (opposed to out).
v.t. Brit. [Dial.]
- to enclose.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Doordoor (dôr, dōr),USA pronunciation n.
- a movable, usually solid, barrier for opening and closing an entranceway, cupboard, cabinet, or the like, commonly turning on hinges or sliding in grooves.
- a doorway: to go through the door.
- the building, house, etc., to which a door belongs: My friend lives two doors down the street.
- any means of approach, admittance, or access: the doors to learning.
- any gateway marking an entrance or exit from one place or state to another: at heaven's door.
- lay at someone's door, to hold someone accountable for;
- leave the door open, to allow the possibility of accommodation or change;
be open to reconsideration: The boss rejected our idea but left the door open for discussing it again next year.
- lie at someone's door, to be the responsibility of;
be imputable to: One's mistakes often lie at one's own door.
- show someone the door, to request or order someone to leave;
dismiss: She resented his remark and showed him the door.
Phenomenonphe•nom•e•non (fi nom′ə non′, -nən),USA pronunciation n., pl. -na (-nə)USA pronunciation or, esp. for 3, -nons.
- a fact, occurrence, or circumstance observed or observable: to study the phenomena of nature.
- something that is impressive or extraordinary.
- a remarkable or exceptional person;
- an appearance or immediate object of awareness in experience.
- [Kantianism.]a thing as it appears to and is constructed by the mind, as distinguished from a noumenon, or thing-in-itself.
Exampleex•am•ple (ig zam′pəl, -zäm′-),USA pronunciation n., v., -pled, -pling.
- one of a number of things, or a part of something, taken to show the character of the whole: This painting is an example of his early work.
- a pattern or model, as of something to be imitated or avoided: to set a good example.
- an instance serving for illustration;
specimen: The case histories gave carefully detailed examples of this disease.
- an instance illustrating a rule or method, as a mathematical problem proposed for solution.
- an instance, esp. of punishment, serving as a warning to others: Public executions were meant to be examples to the populace.
- a precedent;
parallel case: an action without example.
- [Rare.]to give or be an example of;
exemplify (used in the passive).
Foot In The Door Phenomenon Example have 6 pictures , they are Superb Foot In The Door Phenomenon Example #1 Compliance Strategies Foot-in-the-door Phenomenon – People's Tendency To Comply More, Foot In The Door Phenomenon Example #2 Small Compliances Lead To Bigger Ones, Foot In The Door Phenomenon Example #3 SlideShare, SlideShare, Foot In The Door Phenomenon - Get Your Foot In The Door To Advance Yo…, SlideShare. Here are the photos:
be sure to approach forward how and why you'll work with a selected form of Foot In The Door Phenomenon Example, and choose. Can it be imagined to light-up the complete room? Is a dim part to be highlighted by it? Might it be utilized only being atmosphere or a reading light? This goes in conjunction using the previous tip because sometimes the bed room may also be an area for reading, enjoying Television, training and even performing.
Make sure to include lamps or a desk nearby the area for those who have a workspace within your room and study delayed during the night. And, naturally, when you have a closet that is decent, be sure in calculating how much lighting you'll require inside your bedroom to consider that room.
Illumination is just a large element of your Foot In The Door Phenomenon Example, so you don't want to perform with whatever you've put in place simply by selecting the light that is incorrect. Really think of the design you intend to attain, and take it. Styles during your lighting in the event you go with ancient design, then choose a light that is medieval.